A fun way to incorporate reviewing verbs and adjectives during a Valentine’s Day craft. Students write poems to someone they love while also making an origami heart.
- Identify adjectives
- Identify verbs
Cinquain poem outline, markers, pencils, white paper
- Explain that students will be making a Valentine’s Day gift and ask students why they think we celebrate the holiday.
- Tell students they can create the gift for someone they love, a role model, friend, brother, sister, etc.
- Hand out Cinquian Poem worksheet and explain. Find a template here.
- Ask students to think of as many adjectives and write them on the board.
- Then, brainstorm differnt verbs in the ING form.
- Then write a poem as an example for the class to see.
- Students write their own poems
- After students have finished writing their poems you can begin explaining how to create the origami heart.
- There are many ways to make an origami heart. I followed these instructions. You can also choose to make heart-shaped bookmarks or a heart-shaped box.