A fun way to encourage recycling and reusing old materials. Students bring in an old t-shirt and turn it into a bag they can use for any occasion.
- Learn the importance of recycling and reusing
- Discover interesting facts about fast fashion
- Find ways to be more eco-friendly and a smarter shopper
- Old t-shirt
- Textile markers or textile paint
- Put students in groups of 4 or 5
- Play Fast Fashion Trivia which can be found here.
- Talk to students about what they have learned during trivia and ask them ways they can combat fast fashion.
- Start to cut the t-shirt to look like a bag. A video can be found below.
- Students can then decorate their bag as they wish.